Top 10 Tips for Being Stress-Free
1. Give up caring about what
others think. Do what's
right for you and feel good about it.
2. Exercise! Stretch your body and release
those endorphins! Living more in your body will deepen your day
to day experience and exponentially increase the quality of your
life and your sense of well being.
3. Have fun! Don't forget how wonderful it feels to laugh.
Have fun with what ever you're doing.
4. Community. Let others join you in what you're doing.
When we live from the concept that "we're all in this together"
we live from a shared humanity. This creates a sense of
camaraderie and community which buffers us from the stresses
of day to day life.
5. Don't take everything so personally. Listen to others
objectively; it's not always about you!
6. Listen to different perspectives. This enlarges your
perspective which leads to greater understanding and an enhanced
sense of compassion.
7. Delight yourself. Surround yourself with whatever it
is that delights you. Surround yourself with beauty, with music,
with motion, colors or sounds. Pamper your senses to create a
8. Create Space. Don't take on projects or responsibilities
that don't directly connect to your values or goals. Create space
for the things you want more of in your life by keeping the less
important things out.
9. Connections. Connections are the ties that bind us
to each other. Appreciate the connections in your life and do
what ever it takes to create and deepen them. (This includes
the connection with yourself.)
10. Business before play. Take care of business so you
can relax and play with your friends and family. If you don't
take care of business, it'll be hard to give yourself to life's
Copyright © 2002 by
Jan Gordon. All Rights Reserved. This content may be forwarded
in full, with copyright/contact/creation information intact,
without specific permission, when used only in a not-for-profit
format. If any other use is desired, permission in writing from
Jan Gordon is required.
toll free US & Canada